Friday, June 12, 2020

Editing Organisation and Bins

Editing: Organisation and Bins

Throughout this course and unit, I was learning how to edit, coming from minimal experience so I had to learn all of what I know, one thing that I found crucial when editing was the organization of my clips. I learned to organize my clips through the use of Bins helping me keep track of all my clips and separate them accordingly. I started using Bins during my very first task in which I used them to organize which clips included what, such as footage of the deer I shot went into one Bin, whereas footage of establishing shots went into another Bin.
Another form of organisation I used was during my music video production in which I used the timeline as a way of planning what shots went where using it as a shot list or an edit decision list as such. I found this a useful way of planning where I wanted the footage to go and for how long exactly, helping me know what I still had left to shoot and edit and how long it had to be.
When planning I opened up Premiere Pro with the song in there and listed my desired shots at what time stamps I would like them at, in doing this it helped me set out my plan for the music video and gave me a better idea of the footage i would need to gather.


No comments:

Post a Comment